Few days back I received my NYX 10 Color Eye Shadow Palette *yay* It’s a collection of neutral colors and within a few days it became my favorite. 😀
I decided to create a neutral day look with it. Though I’m not very good at doing makeup, this look turned out to be pretty nice 😀
and it didn’t take much time to create this look, either 😀
To get this look simply follow these steps:
1. Prime your lids: In order to have your eye shadow last longer you need to prime your eyes. You can use any primer you like. You can even use concealer, foundation or white eye pencil as your base. I used NYX Eye Shadow base in skin tone as my base.
2. Apply loose powder: Pick a small amount of loose powder (Kryolan Translucent Powder) with a blending brush and apply it on the entire lid. This ensures easy blending as well as longevity of the eye shadow.
3. Highlight: Draw a short line with NYX jumbo pencil (milk) on the brow bone. Blend it inwards with your finger or with a brush. Highlighting your eyes is optional.
4. Pack the lid with eye shadow: Pick a taupe eye shadow with a flat eye shadow brush. Pack the eye shadow on your lids leaving the outer corners.
5. Fill outer V: Take a dark brown shadow on a crease brush and apply it on the outer V and a little bit on the crease. If you want more definition then darken the crease area.
6. Above crease: Take the same taupe shadow you applied on the lid on a blending brush and apply it above the crease.
7. Blend: Blend the harsh lines with a blending brush.
8. Line upper lash line: Line your eyes with a gel liner. I used Maybelline gel eye liner. I find Gel liners easy to use than liquid ones 🙂
9. Apply Mascara: Curl your lashes though I didn’t curl my lashes 😛 don’t want to hassle with a curler 😛 and apply as many coats of mascara as you desire. Just one coat for me 🙂
10. Line Water Line: Line your water line with a gel liner.
And you are done!! 😀
- NYX 10 Color Eye Shadow Palette
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- Kryolan Translucent Powder
- Maybelline Gel liner
- MaXfactor lash Extension Effect Mascara
- Mikyajy Eye Brush
- Faces Foundation and Concealer brush
- Vega Professional Eye Brush- PB15 and PB14
- Vega Eye Shadow Brush
- Vega Mascara Brush
Hope you all liked this look. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by 🙂